Welcome to this UiPath tutorial. In the era of modern technologies, we are becoming dependent on electronic gadgets to complete our work more easily and trouble-free. In this UiPath tutorial, we are going to discuss the UiPath installation, UiPath components, various types of UiPath Projects, and others in detail that automate the repetitive tasks and convert the monotonous task into a much simpler and easier task for us. Before discussing the UiPath in detail, we need to know the RPA first.
Robotic Process Automation, also known as RPA is programmed to create, deploy, and manage the software robots for imitating human actions while interacting with digital systems and software. It is a software technology that performs a vast range of delineated actions like identifying and extracting data, navigating systems, understanding the data displayed on the screen, and completing the right keystroke. Unlike humans, it completes the tasks in a fraction of a second, and it also mimics human behaviour in executing a meaningful activity without any human interference.
UiPath is a robotic process end-to-end high-scale automation used for Windows desktop automation. It is beneficial in reducing repetitive or redundant tasks through its automation process and hence is mostly essential for enterprises and their speedy business transformation. With the wave of digitalization, more and more companies are relying on the UiPath tool for their speedy execution of office work as well.
Getting into the nitty-gritty part of this UiPath tutorial, installation of the UiPath tool comes in the following steps:
1: Go to the start trial link of UiPath and choose the edition you wish to install and click on the ‘Try It’ option.
2: A page will open where you have to log in to the UiPath by choosing either your email, Google account, Microsoft account, or LinkedIn.
3: Ater choosing, mention the details and click on SignUp.
4: After verifying the account, a page will open. Click on the ‘Download Studio’ to download the setup.
5: Once the setup is installed, double click on it to open.
6: Then the UiPath opens. Choose a license you wish to activate and then choose UiPath StudioX Preview or UiPath Studio version.
7: Lastly choose either the ‘Preview’ or ‘Stable’ update channel which will open the UiPath tool screen.
1. Process: It is a type of project that is used in creating a simple blank project to design different types of automation processes.
2. Library: For creating reusable components and publishing them together in the form of a library, this type of project is required. And the libraries which are created can then further be added as dependencies to the automation processes.
There are various UiPath components, but basically, they are divided into two categories:
A. UiPath Studio: It is an advanced tool consisting of the drag-and-drop functionality enabling us to design virtually the automation processes.
B. UiPath Robot: It performs the processes that are built in the studio.
C. UiPath Orchestra: It is the web application that helps us to to create, deploy, and manage Robots and the processes.
A. Ribbons: It includes the components that appear on the top of the screen such as recording, screen scraping, data scraping, variables, and user events.
B. Activity Pane: It includes all the small tasks required for our activity such as system, programming, workflow, and others.
Cc. Properties Pane: The configuration regarding the output of a particular activity or task is handled in this pane.
D. Control Pane: It consists of the variables, arguments, and imports and is essential for creating or deleting variables and dealing with arguments.
Following are the ways of trying a simple project in Uipath where you would be welcomed to a session along with your name.
1. Open the UiPath Studio and click on the option of ‘Process Project’ and then drag-and-drop the sequence in the workspace.
2. For the program asking “enter your name,” first we need to search for the input dialog and enter in the label” what is your name.”
3. Once it asks your name, you want it to display your name along with “welcome to the session,” so then drag and drop it under the input box activity.
4. Completing the above steps, type in the text in the message box, and then run the program.
5. A dialog box will appear where you have to enter your name and then click ‘OK.’
6. Now you have to create a variable “enter name,” so go to the input dialog box and enter “enter name” in the result.
7. Lastly, type in the text “welcome to the session” and use the ” ” operator for attaching the text. Then add the variable and run the program and add your name in the dialog box displayed.
This brings us to the end of this UiPath tutorial. Hence, it can be concluded that in this modern and busy world where digitalization is at its peak, UiPath RPA stands as an important tool for many people, enterprises, and offices remaining at the top.
There are no right or wrong ways of learning AI and ML technologies – the more, the better! These valuable resources can be the starting point for your journey on how to learn Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Do pursuing AI and ML interest you? If you want to step into the world of emerging tech, you can accelerate your career with this Machine Learning And AI Courses by Jigsaw Academy.