Protecting the computers and networks from any damage, attack or unauthorized access is called Cyber security. Artificial Intelligence is concerned with building smart machines that can conduct and complete tasks without human interference. Cyber security and Artificial Intelligence can be used together to avoid cybercrimes . As per 2019 Official Annual Cybercrime Report, cybercrime will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021. As per a report by Norton, the data breach recovery would cost $3.86 million globally, and on an average, companies require 196 days to recover from any data breach. Cybercrime is creating severe damage to both public and private enterprises. Therefore it is significant that such cybercrimes have to be reduced to a reasonably low level by using appropriate AI cyber security.
Types of Cyber Attacks:
This article contains:
In present days, most organizations are aware of how even a small cyber attack would create a lot of damage to their data and create a huge amount of losses. Therefore to provide cyber security, they use different lines of safety-Firewall, Antivirus Software. Using these two, backups are done regularly as a part of the disaster recovery plan. But these two lines of safety require the work of a Professional. However, using Artificial Intelligence and cyber security would change this traditional approach.
Even though the popularity of cyber security is increasing, Cyber crimes are happening every day. The cyber security challenges are:
1. Geographical barriers: Due to the distance, manual tracking of cyber crimes is more difficult.
2. Human error: Manual threat finding is time-consuming and ineffective.
3. Being Reactive: Security Professionals lack proactive nature and always act after the cyber crime has taken place.
4. Smart Hackers: Hackers use various programs and hide their identity.
Data Security is now more vital than it has ever been in the past years. Using strong support of advanced technologies and investing in AI Cyber security reduces the financial losses due to data breach. Artificial intelligence can efficiently analyze user behaviours, recognize the patterns, and spot all types of irregularities and flaws in the network. With such a system, cyber vulnerabilities can be detected and corrected quickly.
Using human intelligence to focus on creating Artificial Intelligence algorithms and assigning cyber security responsibilities to Artificial intelligence will provide high-quality results and a cybercrime safe environment. Security Professionals are using Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning, a subdivision of artificial intelligence to learn about new cyber crimes, pin out and prevent cyber attacks with minimal human intervention. AI and machine learning enable companies to reduce responding time and engage itself in best security practices.
Few realistic examples of AI cyber security being used to provide and improve cyber security:
1. Gmail uses Machine learning to filter and remove 100 million spam emails every day.
2. Google uses AI on the platform used to store videos, AI sends security alarms when there is any unauthorized access.
3. Balbix platforms use AI to protect IT infrastructure from data and security breaches.
1. Threat Detector: Traditional security methods can detect up to 90% of threats. A combination of both traditional and AI techniques can detect almost 100% of threats. Organizations can speed up the threat detecting process using behavioural analysis.
2. Proactive Nature of AI: Traditional security methods can correct only the known data breaches and vulnerabilities. On the other hand, AI can recognize the user patterns and identify the vulnerabilities before they are officially reported. The proactive nature of AI helps organizations from financial losses due to data vulnerabilities.
3. Data centres: AI can monitor various data centres. Continuous tracking capacity of AI provides details about what would increase the effectiveness and security of hardware and infrastructure. AI has the capacity to provide alarms before there is any major hardware fault so that it can be repaired in advance of any severe damage.
4. Network Security: Network security is any activity designed to protect the integrity of computers and networks. AI enables the Security professional to learn and remove unwanted data, detect unauthorized activity and provide network security. AI can detect network attacks that are not possible.
1. Expensive: Building and maintaining AI cyber security systems require a lot of investment of money and time.
2. Data sets: AI cyber security models are associated with different data sets. The companies need to buy all different types of data sets which would be costly for them.
3. Hackers also use AI: Hackers use AI to develop more advanced tools to break AI secured systems. Hackers make their system resistant to AI-based security tools.
4. Not fully advanced: AI systems are not fully advanced yet to identify 100% threats. Therefore, there is a need to have some kind of human support, along with AI.
Cybersecurity professionals have accepted AI as the future of the industry, but as of now, AI cyber security is not completely developed to address all the problems. Though AI and machine learning improve cybersecurity, it also helps hackers to commit cybercrimes by developing tools that require no human intervention. AI-based technologies and Traditional security methods have to be used and merged together for providing adequate security.
So, have you made up your mind to make a career in Cyber Security? Visit our Master Certificate in Cyber Security (Red Team) for further help. It is the first program in offensive technologies in India and allows learners to practice in a real-time simulated ecosystem, that will give them an edge in this competitive world.