In the last two decades, the computer and internet industry has grown leaps and bounds, accompanied by a massive increase in the number of career opportunities that the field has to offer. Cybersecurity is one such area of expertise that has exciting things to offer to those willing to explore it and have the requisite skills to excel in the field. Let’s look into, Is Cybersecurity Hard to Learn?
If you believe that Cybersecurity is hard, then you are mistaken. There is a misconception about Cybersecurity being too technical and challenging, only accessible by extraordinarily gifted individuals with a talent for intense coding or computer programming. In this article, we will read on to find out more about how hard it is to learn Cybersecurity in reality.
In this Article. Let us look at:
So, the real question is ‘is Cybersecurity hard to learn? Well, the answer simply is no.’ Any person with an aptitude and willingness to work hard can learn and succeed in the field of Cybersecurity. You can never truly know how hard Cybersecurity is unless you make a concerted effort to understand the area. A simple internet search will do you no good. You will require a higher level of dedication and effort. Below, we have listed the best ways to determine how hard it is to get into Cybersecurity.
1. Reading books on Cybersecurity: Here are multiple books on Cybersecurity ranging from introductory guides for beginners to advanced books for experts. Reading books help to understand digital networks and their working, to get insights about the communication between network-enabled devices, or to understand the need to protect these devices. This primary step helps you find out the answer to the question – is Cybersecurity hard to get into?
2. The Internet is your Friend: The internet is home to various Cybersecurity articles written by leading experts. Reading such articles can help you extensively learn about the field. It also exposes you to multiple avenues of information and Cyber security-related knowledge. Your answer to the question is learning Cyber Security hard? will surely be in the negative.
3. Ethical Hacking: The best way to enhance protection against any threat is to understand it first. Ethical hacking allows you to get into the shoes of potential hackers and understand the risks that you will have to work to prevent in the field of Cybersecurity. There are several institutions and platforms that you can use to learn ethical hacking and move further on your way to becoming a Cybersecurity professional.
4. Requisite Degrees: There is a wide range of different professional courses available in India at the undergraduate and postgraduate level in Information Technology or Cybersecurity that provides an excellent platform for you to get into the field. It is most certainly never too late to switch fields, and some specialization courses also exist to help you transit to Cybersecurity.
As is probably clear to you already, Cybersecurity is not as complicated as usually believed, and anyone with the requisite skills can excel in the field. Nonetheless, several other questions may arise in your mind, like is it hard to get a job in Cybersecurity, or is Cybersecurity stressful. The answers to these questions depend on several factors. In general, any professional working in Cybersecurity will have to possess specific skills. Let us have a look these skills:
1. Critical and Analytical Skills: Cybersecurity involves efficient and quick problem solving and will often require you to think on your feet and address issues as and when they arise efficiently and quickly.
2. Tech Knowledge and Constant Learning: The field is continually evolving. You must always stay updated about the latest changes in Cybersecurity and keep yourself acquainted with the relevant technical knowledge essential to be good at your job.
3. Communication Skills: Cybersecurity is not usually a one-person job and requires constant communication with various partners as well as the clients to ensure dependable services.
4. Dedication: Lastly, Cybersecurity is a relatively fast-paced and continuously developing field. It requires a lot of dedication and hard work to establish yourself as a professional with integrity and expertise.
Most individuals would crave jobs that offer financial security and more flexibility. You must understand this field’s unlimited potential while asking yourself is Cybersecurity hard to get into ?. With each passing day, we become more and more reliant on gadgets that work on digital networks for payment processing, shopping, or communication, among other essential functions. In such circumstances, the demand for Cybersecurity professionals is only rising, and getting a job should not be difficult if you are skilled at performing the required tasks, and are willing to put in the effort.
Today, governments worldwide today employ thousands of Cybersecurity professionals to safeguard data and information, and most private organizations do the same to protect sensitive networks online. In 2019, The National Association of Software and Service Companies reported that approximately ten lakhs of Cybersecurity professionals would be required in India by 2020. This number is on the constant rise even as you read this today. There are several opportunities available in Europe and North America, especially if you choose to pursue a Cybersecurity course in countries like the United Kingdom, France, or the United States of America.
Questions such as ‘why are Cybersecurity so hard’ are raised repeatedly by interested individuals. We, sincerely hope this article has helped clear most of the misconceptions surrounding this exciting and challenging field. With appropriate education and training, hard work, and determination, and just a genuine interest in the area, Cybersecurity is not difficult to learn and understand. The world today runs on the internet, and there is no foreseeable future where Cybersecurity professionals do not play an essential role in making people’s lives more comfortable and safer. Those who claim that Cybersecurity is too complex and demanding, are merely perpetuating myths that are very far from the truth.
Do follow this space and read the other articles on Cybersecurity on our platform that are sure to give you a lot more clarity. Do you want to learn more about Cybercrimes and are looking for a course to guide you? Jigsaw Academy’s Master Certificate in Cyber Security (Red Team) is all you need. The course is powered by HackerU, Israel’s Premier Cyber Security Training Provider, which is exactly why you should quickly sign up for this course.