Those who are unaware of the software industry will find it difficult to understand the concept of Agile Transformation. But if they want to bring effective changes in their products for the better business, they have to understand the real concept of agile transformation and strategy of this concept to follow in their organizational behavior. Here we are discussing agile transformation, its benefits, agile transformation challenges, and steps.
- What is Agile Transformation?
- The Strategy of Agile Transformation
- Steps of Agile Transformation
- Waterfall to Agile Transformation
- Agile Transformation Roadmap
- Agile Transformation Challenges
1) What is Agile Transformation?
Agile transformation means the necessary changes in the working process in the organization. It needs changes in the mindset of people who are working in that organization. This concept creates the code of ethics in which the team members have to work to produce efficient products. Agile transformation is important as it can bring qualitative changes regarding work and organizational behavior.
To stand firmly and efficiently in the market, the company must undergo beneficial changes regarding their work ethics. By bringing agility in the organization, they can deliver good results regarding their business and put their company ahead of their competitors.
To bring agility to any organization, team members must follow practices and regulations based on the agile transformation framework.
2) The Strategy of Agile Transformation
To bring better changes in the organization, you should think first about short term goals. After achieving these goals, you can go for long term goals. You should think about factors like roles of each team member, members’ performance, strategy about new products, research about new marketing tactics, and better knowledge about your customers. Here are some strategies you can follow to transform your organization:
- Adaptation of advanced technology in the work process and future goals about learning/adopting new technology.
- Brainstorming about new products which can be beneficial for the future of the company.
- Performance issues of team members.
- Proper timeline to deliver good results in performance.
- Good communication management and teamwork.
- Research about the current market and consumers.
- Bring the desired quality in current products and services for profit.
- Perfect financial management for future crisis.
3) Steps of Agile Transformation
Talking about agile transformation steps, here you should consider the following matters.
- Organization Structure – You should think about new policies, practices, and the company’s work culture. For working with good delivery and great efficiency, employees should be in the proper mental state. You should be concerned about your organizational health professionally as well as mentally. Also, take your employees’ feedback regarding the organization.
- Delivery- Teams should adopt an agile transformation framework and mindset while working on products or projects. Teams should give high-quality service to customers. They should accept new policies, principles, and technologies to deliver good results while making future products. The work process should be faster and user friendly.
- Leadership – The leader should be cooperative with his/her team members. He/she should be flexible to new policies, principles, and work culture. He/ she can make progressive decisions for organizational benefits. He/ she must hear good suggestions of his/ her employees.
- Products – The Company should focus on better quality of products. It should be aware of the latest trends regarding marketing and products. They should take note of their customers’ feedback. They have to be concerned about the reception of products/ projects. In this digital era, companies must use advanced technologies regarding product management and marketing.
4) Waterfall to Agile Transformation
The waterfall is helpful when the company works on a single project/product. But the team can’t predict results. That’s why some companies fail to deliver value to their products for their customers. Using traditional ways for product development can’t help to satisfy customer needs.
On the other hand, the agile transformation divides a project/ product into small phases called sprints. Also, methodologies of agile are predictable. Team members can think about innovations based on customer feedback and the good collaboration of other team members. That’s why the final product/ project becomes valuable software to its users.
5) Agile Transformation Roadmap
There are several factors for the agile transformation roadmap for organizations/companies, as follows:
- Make a plan for the training and coaching of your employees and team members.
- Support team members to deliver good results in product strategy and work performance.
- Analyze the current status of your organization such as the exact position of the company in the market, Technologies the company is using, the work culture, policies, principles, business strategy, customer feedback, communication management, support, chain management, finances, issues in the company, etc.
- Predict the future position of your company. Make a future strategy regarding your business and products.
- A proper vision of agile transformation.
- You can try small transformations in some departments as the first step of an agile transformation journey.
- Bring a good communication strategy between team leaders and members.
6) Agile Transformation Challenges
Like every new concept, the agile transformation has to face challenges and hurdles as the company works on it. Here are some barriers in front of the agility as follows. Moving from waterfall to agile transformation can be hard for some companies.
- Vision:- Some team members or companies have a lack of clear vision about their agile transformation challenges. They don’t know why they are transforming their companies. So, as a company leader, you have to remind your employees about the agile transformation objectives in your company. You should have alerted them about new changes and policies which are beneficial to their performance.
- Stubborn Leaders:- Most leaders of organizations don’t support the idea of agile digital transformation. They don’t want to change themselves or their companies for the good. It is a basic rule of this transformation that leaders be it C-Suite or organizational leaders, must know the importance of innovations and changes in their companies. They should understand the needs of their employees and team members.
- Company Culture:- The agile transformation process should be compatible with the culture of the company. Each person of the company has their aspiration, thinking, goal, fear, and objective. The leader should hear each person’s take on new changes in the company. Some companies stick to their old technology and negative vibes in the company culture. These can affect the image of the company in the market. The company should be alert about the current needs of their work culture. They should create new ideas to inspire their employees.
- Inspiration:- Some companies are allergic to changes and innovations. They don’t like them. Even some organizations don’t know what is an agile transformation? They want to work using traditional ways. Some are lazy to accept the transformation, which is needful for their own benefit. So, a leader must inspire their team members to grow in the new work environment. They should tell the benefits of new policies and principles of the company.
- Alignment among Team Members:- Each team member has their own goals, fears, objectives, expectations regarding the agile transformation of their company. But they should align to achieve only one thing- successful agile transformation. They should inspire their leader to take risks for the company’s gain. But if the leader is going the wrong path, they should oppose them by holding them accountable for bad results due to their wrong initiatives.
So, the agile transformation is about changing the company’s weak position into an impressive status in the market. The company should work for good performance, standard business ethics, profitable product management, advanced tools, and a healthy work environment among team members. These factors can take the company forward among its competitors.
Interested to learn all about Product Management from the best minds in the industry? Check out our Product Management Course. This 6-month-long program takes place online through live instructor-led sessions. It is the only program in India that offers the ‘Bring Your Own Product (BYOP)’ feature so that learners can build their product idea into a full-blown product, and go through an entire Product Development lifecycle.
Not only this, but this is the only program in India with a curriculum that conforms to the 5i Framework. Post completion, learners receive a joint certification from the Indian Institute of Management, Indore, and Jigsaw Academy.