Broadly speaking, a Business Analyst today is expected to have an array of skills. Some of them are intrinsic, but others can be developed. They are:
Analytics recruiters do expect candidates to have invested in gaining some language of SAS skills and to have a fair amount of exposure data sets. So yes, one of the easiest ways to begin your analytics career is to get some language of SAS training.
But first of all, let us understand what exactly the language of SAS is:
Today there are many institutes that offer training in analytics and the language of SAS. You can refer to the article here to find out more about which are the best institutes in India.
When using the language of SAS remember that each problem can be solved in many different ways. So the first step maybe to learn to get to the desired output and then gradually learn through practise which syntaxes are most efficient. One may also want to learn macros as you get hold of the language for efficiency and reusability of the codes.
In the beginning, someone with no prior background of SAS, Statistics or Analytics may find it a little frustrating but very soon, with persistence and practise you will be able to get a comfortable grip over the language of SAS.
If you are ready to begin learning the language of SAS here are a few tips from someone who has been there, done that! All the best.
1) Learn to read the log file carefully for syntax errors. Even if there is no error, check for notes and warnings.
2) Try to solve errors independently while programming.
3) Study the output carefully for logical errors.
4) In case there are logical errors try to rectify them by using SAS support and reducing the complexity of the problem in hand.
5) It may be useful to break the problem at hand into smaller steps and then resolve each one, one step at a time.
6) Do not give up.