Introduction to Artificial Intelligence: Career 2022
The present era is truly the golden age of technology. Due to the mass-scale adaptation of the latest technologies like the Internet, our life and its objectives are technology bound. We no longer rely on manual methods to get essential things done. For instance, communication services are real-time. We no longer require humans or pigeons to communicate for the most part. Artificial Intelligence is the next technological revolution that has already accomplished a lot, despite being in its early stages. Over the years, researchers, engineers, and scientists have worked together to develop and associate science with machines to make human tasks easy.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the one that is demonstrated by Machines, unlike the natural intelligence displayed by humans and animals. The only differentiators are ‘Consciousness’ and ’emotionality,’ being present only in the latter. Artificial Intelligence is achieved through the techniques of Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
Machine Learning (ML) is a part of Artificial Intelligence. It’s a study of Computer Algorithms, which helps self-improvement through experiences. It builds a model based on Sample data and is designed to make predictions and decisions without being programmed for it.
Deep Learning is an AI Function that involves imitating the human brain in processing data and creating patterns for decision-making. It’s a subset of ML which is capable of learning from unstructured data.
Why Should You Pursue A Career In Artificial Intelligence?
There are excellent career opportunities in AI.
ML And AI Are The Future.
There is a shortage of certified professionals in the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning domains. Expertise in these areas will not only secure your present but will promise a bright future in the coming decades because AI and ML are the future.
Exponential Career Growth Is Guaranteed.
If we dig into the statistics of how technology is evolving, we can easily understand where the future business prospects are going to lie. As ML has much to achieve in the field of research, it has far more scope attached to its advancement.
Countless Real-World Applications
AI can help people make smarter business decisions. It is capable of deducing your shortest traffic route from origin to destination. Moreover, improved video surveillance, image recognition, and AI-based chatbots are just the beginning of the AI and ML revolution. You can be at the forefront of this revolution by choosing your career in this field.
Artificial Intelligence Skills
- Statistics and Probability: Study of predictions through sets of past data available.
- Mathematics: Calculative analysis is an integral part of Artificial intelligence.
- Data Evaluation and Modeling: Data analytics with the help of correlation, regression, and classification techniques for a better decision. Database skills like SQL, Apache Spark, Hive, etc.
- Predictive analysis: Data prediction and forecasting are essential to designing machines to work in a changing and uncertain environment, where machines can make decisions based on experience and self-learning.
- Programming Languages: Set of instructions for a machine to perform a particular task. Like Java, C, Python, R, and Scala.
- AI algorithms: How computer algorithms practically integrate with mechanics forms an interactive study line for Artificial Intelligence jobs!
- Signal Processing Techniques: These involve changing or manipulating data such that we can see things in it that aren’t visible through direct observation.
- Feature extractions: By generating new features from the current ones, feature extraction attempts to decrease the number of features in a dataset (and then discard the original features).
- Neural Networks: Mathematical skills and problem-solving abilities are the initial criteria for becoming an artificial neural network expert.
What Careers Can You Pursue In AI?
- Machine Learning Engineer: Machine Learning is an application of Artificial Intelligence that enables systems to automatically learn from their experiences and improve over time without needing to be continually programmed. They are designed to perform based on their own experience with automatic learning features without prior programming—for example, customized news feeds, online product recommendations, etc. A Machine Learning engineer has to provide computers with the ability to forecast and make decisions based on specific prerequisites. Other skills this role requires are predictive analysis, data mining, mathematics, computation analysis, exploratory data analysis, deep learning systems, statistical tests, and statistical analysis. Knowledge in the field of Computer Science, Natural Language Processing, Cloud Computing, Deep Learning, Statistics, Machine Learning, etc., is highly beneficial. Programming skills in Java, Scala, and Python are a must.
- Data Scientist: A Data Scientist studies data in depth to automate the data collection and analysis process and thereby find trends or patterns that are useful for further actions. Many companies prefer to hire a Data Scientist to stay a step ahead of their competitors and devise plans and strategies for economic gains. A Data Scientist plays a huge role in assisting decision-makers through visualization tools and techniques.
- Research Scientist: An Advanced master’s or doctoral degree is required in computer science to become a Research Scientist. This role interacts with various disciplines like Computational Statistics, Mathematics, Natural Language Processing, Neural Networks, Reinforcement Learning, and Machine Learning. Tools like Python, Scala, SSAS, R, and SAS are required for these jobs in AI.
- Software Engineer: Software Engineers build software products for AI applications. They bring together development tasks like writing code, architects, continuous engineering, etc. Programming skills and statistical analysis are a must for the role. Computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, and engineering, are required certifications for artificial Intelligence jobs.
- Software Architect: Software architects are responsible for designing, maintaining, managing, coordinating, and upgrading the systems, technical standards, and platforms within the AI architecture framework. Their role focuses on ensuring a smooth and efficient flow of data. A Software Architect has to be an expert in the field of Computer science, information system, software engineering, etc. Also, experience is required in software development, data processes, and cloud platforms.
- Data Analysts: With the growing scope of data and its utility in economics and research, the role of data analysts has risen. Apart from the basic tasks of data analysis, data collection, processing, analysis, and storage, more career options have developed around data preparation for Machine Learning and building new reports based on the obtained results. Hence, Data Analysts require expertise in more than just spreadsheets, like SQL, Python, Tableau, Power BI, business intelligence, etc.
- Robotics Engineer: Robotic Technology is utilized in production houses as well as personal assistants. AI and Machine Learning-powered Robots are built for various industries, including medicine and defense. For a Robotic Engineer advanced degree is required in computer science, engineering, Internet of Things (IoT), CAM/CAD, 2D or 3D vision systems, etc.
- NLP Engineer: Human Language specialization and computational linguistics are the niches in which NLP Engineers work.
Industries That Work With AI
- Healthcare: Medical Science involves a huge deal of technology, from medical research to operational equipment production. Various medical tests and report generation require the collaboration of doctors, scientists, and engineers to develop advanced products to detect, predict, prevent, and cure diseases. The recent pandemic has shown the role of AI in the medical field and also opened gates for career opportunities in the medical industry. Robotic technology has been developed to assist doctors and surgeons in complex surgeries, and AI and ML are an essential part of it.
- E-commerce: Physical presence for shopping and business is far left behind with the advent of E-commerce. E-commerce has enabled the masses to seize deals online through the internet. Product delivery chains are developed, and vast networks emerge through AI-powered technology that enables the supply of anything anywhere. Vast public and private networks can be managed, and systems can be developed to fulfill the forever-growing demand in the economy. Financers, Accountants, and Engineers work together to create eco-systems that enable E-commerce functionality. With the growth of markets, there is an upsurge in the career options for an AI or ML professional in this industry. As long as globalization exists and economies merge to fulfill human needs, AI will be essential for e-commerce, recommendation systems, payment gateways, security concerns, marketing and distribution, production processes, etc. Artificial Intelligence courses help develop varied skills required to manage such job roles.
- Cybersecurity: Today, every individual has a virtual presence through a social media profile or a business website. Big data computing frameworks like clouds and servers are utilized for data storage and accessibility. Cyberspace is prone to cybercrime, which can lead to unauthorized access and data misuse in a way detrimental to the economy and social well-being. Cyber security experts are responsible for detecting any such cybercrime and must have deep knowledge of AI and ML to get hold of such security breaches.
- Financial Markets: Various financial products are developed today. Stock market forecasts, financial fundraising, fund management institutions, estimating and forecasting fund performances, generating reports for organizations, etc. People have become aware of financial planning and hence are ready to invest their disposable income through easy means like financial applications. Various financial decisions of a commoner and also of a company require a great financial data analysis, and AI-powered technology helps fulfill this need. It not only provides trend analysis but also enables forecasts through global fluctuations and provides easy data like a centralized system for data access, interest rate computations, price fluctuations, inflation, market indices, etc.
- Education: AI has the potential to become the backbone of the current education system. The latest consensus on “AI and Education” held in Beijing offers policy recommendations on AI in Education. It suggests AI implementation in the following domains of education: Management and delivery, teachers and teaching empowerment, AI-based values and skills for life and work, and lifelong learning opportunities. So, the future of Artificial Intelligence experts is bright in the education sector.
- Airline: Ease of travel, online ticketing facility, checking airplanes schedule, etc., are just a customer perspective. If we consider the airline industry as a whole, right from designing the aircraft and developing security at the airports, advanced security and safety frameworks in the aircraft, developing control systems to manage the schedule, and speed, of aircraft, arriving and departing from any particular airport. The airline industry has grown huge recently, and due to the delicacy of the work involved, AI-based technology has gained a lot of importance in that field.
- Defense: Every nation strives hard to create a strong defense system to protect its people’s social and constitutional rights. Good military training, well-researched equipment, armed forces, computing capabilities to store important data related to private secret missions, criminal activity detection, etc., may just be the tip of its vast industry. AI professionals are required in the defense industry on a colossal scale, and well-paid career opportunities exist here.
AI and ML are the future. Human needs are increasing daily, and so is the need to develop new technology. Each emerging need involves a series of tasks associated with calculative mathematics, predictive science, analytical capabilities, data collection and mining, data analysis, understanding processes, merging data with computational capabilities, framing algorithms, designing systems, etc.
AI and ML are not isolated careers; they require a huge deal of collaboration with various other professionals of concerned industries for research and system development. There is no dearth of career opportunities for AI professionals. Many Artificial Intelligence courses are available to get hands-on skills required for a good career in this field with practical insights and real-time projects that develop many career opportunities. AI is in its developing stage, and this is the high time to find a good career in this market. The Executive PG Diploma in Management & Artificial Intelligence by UNext Jigsaw and IIM Indore is one of the most industry-relevant robust programs designed to aid professionals in becoming future leaders of the AI-driven work culture.