The mobile application field is becoming lucrative, yet competitive in terms of the testing landscape. Testing for apps is an expensive endeavour that can get managed using cloud-based test environments, or, mobile cloud testing. It may be a unique proposition to use mobile cloud testing instead of on-premise infrastructure to test mobile apps.
However, the benefits that entail cloud mobile testing surpass any other option. There are over 2.1 billion users of smartphones and over ten thousand mobile applications that are released daily. Here is a detailed analysis of mobile cloud testing and how to get going with it.
- What are the Cloud Mobile Testing Essentials?
- How to Perform Cloud Mobile Testing
- Getting the Most from Cloud Mobile Testing
The process of cloud-based mobile testing is the testing of mobile apps by running mobile software applications instead of an on-premises environment. Any mobile application can get tested in the cloud with mobile environment simulation, that is, a virtual software environment will mimic the way an actual mobile device behaves. Mobile devices hosted in clouds can also get used for mobile cloud testing.
The cloud is a server that is accessible through the internet, having a capacity for holding databases or software. It is the reason for your social media account showing the same pictures or content despite logging in from a different device. This means everything you upload gets stored online and not on a local device. The cloud-based mobile testing tools get developed using the same cloud software.
2) What are the Cloud Mobile Testing Essentials?
The benefits and features of ensuing cloud mobile testing are-
- One can perform functional testing, latency testing, load test, UI testing, bandwidth latency, stress testing, phone model testing, OS version testing, etc.
- There is no need for maintaining an on-premises set-up for mobile testing.
- Cloud eliminates the hassle of requiring real devices. The teams can get access to more than a hundred mobile devices via the cloud for free.
- There is no restriction to conduct cloud-based mobile testing from multiple devices simultaneously.
- There is a reduction in price as the requirement with low-cost testing on the cloud.
- Cloud technology is easily available in devices, OS platforms, a vast range of environments and versions on all devices.
- The project management stays transparent as the cross-time collaboration in cloud mobile testing offers access to the cloud regardless of the location of the device.
- Enhanced efficiency without losing the quality of the mobile application is guaranteed.
- Mobile cloud testing is a cost-efficient tool for testing mobile applications.
- A server can hold any amount of data. Using multiple devices, one can test mobile apps without any compromise in quality.
3) How to Perform Cloud Mobile Testing
The process of finding cloud-based mobile testing solutions involves a series of easy steps-
- First, you should find a cloud that sustains the test frameworks to run mobile cloud app tests, like Appium.
- You should ensure that the cloud version supports the specific mobile environment for a test.
- Most major cloud mobile testing services support android and iOS devices but need special testing requirements for deploying on other mobile devices.
- There are plenty of public clouds like Azure, AWS, that offer mobile cloud testing services with limited testing features. To get specialized mobile cloud testing, the Kobiton software is a great addition.
- Form a detailed concrete plan to optimize and test mobile apps on the cloud.
4) Getting the Most from Cloud Mobile Testing
Mobile testing strategy using cloud technology is measurable, accurate, and uncomplicated to apply compared to the on-premises technology/infrastructure. There are several tips that testers can use on a mobile cloud platform to get the most out of its value.
- Using mobile-specific tools that are purpose-built can help you get the best out of mobile cloud testing.
- Testing earlier versions of apps to identify bugs is a helpful feature of cloud technology to test applications.
- Mobile apps can be tested with automated mobile testing on clouds. Running several emulators simultaneously gives you quick results and helps your app come to market early. The configurations get saved and get used later whenever you want to use them.
- Knowing when to test on cloud emulators and real devices is a judgment factor. The cloud testing mobile devices will result in quick results, while the real device testers may give you reliable results.
- It is upon your judgment to decide which testing environment cloud is essential and suitable for your market.
- You should run many tests simultaneously. The process is called parallel testing. It helps the test routines to finish quicker.
Cloud technology has introduced mobile device cloud testing. Cloud testing technology provides significant advantages and unambiguity regardless of the enterprise. The cloud provides online storage with great flexibility and transparency. You need to have a stable internet connection to access, upload, and download the cloud data. The cloud provides undisturbed and seamless mobile cloud testing to get coverage on more devices while saving your money.
Jigsaw Academy’s Postgraduate Certificate Program In Cloud Computing brings Cloud aspirants closer to their dream jobs. The joint-certification course is 6 months long and is conducted online and will help you become a complete Cloud Professional.