With high poles in India, it quickly becomes a hot spot. Foreign investors continue to reflect on money in our economy. The global view of India is good. This brings us to the point that businesses will thrive in the coming years, decades. As businesses grow, difficulties increase, and companies need more employees, more people who measure themselves and ensure a smooth process. Management, therefore, enters the image.
Talking about HR, HR hires, manages, and retains the employees. It is responsible for providing skilled workers with their compensation and benefits to the management as per the company budget. HR is a kind of psychiatrist who understands the employees’ needs and manages them so perfectly that the best talent is satisfied with the current profile and the company culture and never thinks about leaving.
Now the question arises that what is the average HR salary in India. The main purpose of this article is to give you insight into the HR Manager salary in India. But before getting into that, let us know the job profiles that are available in the human resource.
Following are the various HR department jobs specifying HR skills and responsibilities with salary prospects.
1. HR manager: The foremost and major responsibility of an HR manager is to develop and implement HR strategies and programs aligned with the overall business strategy, bridging the management and labour relations by addressing needs, grievances, or other issues and managing the recruitment and selection process.
Human resource managers have excellent decision-making skills, strategic thinking, leadership, human performance, and ethics. The average salary of an HR manager depends on these qualifications.
Depending upon Qualifications, experience, place, and industry, India’s average HR manager salary as a fresher gets pay to start from 10,000 per month to 18,000 per month. An individual having 5 years of experience and who can manage human resource tasks easily can appear for an HR manager interview. Therefore an average HR manager salary will be approximately Rs. 6,32,300 annually.
HR manager salary can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, additional skills, certifications, and the number of years you have spent in your profession. An HR manager salary can be anywhere between 7-12 lakhs on average in India, while a senior HR manager salary can be between 12-17 lakhs on average.
2. HR Recruiter: One of the main tasks of the HR recruiter is to achieve the strategic objectives of the business by hiring and retaining employees who are highly skilled and who will help to grow the organization’s productivity. HR recruiter is supposed to work under the HR manager as all the responsibilities and various tasks are handled by them.
It’s essential for the HR recruiter to have interpersonal skills so as to be able to deal effectively with potential candidates.
HR recruiter salary can range from Rs. 1,10,000 per year to Rs. 14,00,000 per year on an average.
3. HR Executive: The HR Executive is an active member of the HR department, often playing a key role in many HR activities or leading a team of HR staff in various projects.
An HR executive is required to have the necessary skills such as Teamwork, project management, and to be familiar with Human Resource Information Software (HRIS).
The average salary of HR executives in India ranges from Rs. 2,00,000 per year to Rs. 4,80,000 per year approximately.
4. HR Associate: Human Resource associates are mainly responsible for obtaining, recording, and interpreting the employee information in the company. They are responsible for managing employee records and assisting new employees with registration procedures.
HR associates are highly skilled in communicating effectively and are administrative experts that accomplish the organization’s mission by completing the related results as needed.
The average HR associate salary in India is approximately Rs. 3,10,484 annually.
5. HR Administrator: The responsibilities of an HR administrator includes creating and maintaining staff records, adjusting and amending the necessary HR documents, namely employment guidelines and employment contracts, while reviewing the company’s policies and compliances.
They have strong administration skills with a high level of confidentiality with a willingness to always learn.
The average HR administrator salary in India is approximately is Rs. 3,46,271 annually.
6. HR Director: The chief human resources officer is the director of HR. All the tasks that are taken by the HR team are performed only after getting the approval of the HR director, such as insurance, job retention, recruitment, and promotion, etc. He or she must assess whether all activities performed or want to include them are within the company’s budget.
The average salary of an HR director is approximately Rs. 2,62,100 per year.
Hopefully, I have succeeded in making you read the roles and responsibilities of all employee job profiles by providing a clear overview of the average HR pay scale. You are now able to understand the HR operating system options, their pay scale, and the skills required, so start preparing accordingly to achieve your goals. So, what are you waiting for? Prepare yourself according to your goals and expectations for income. GOOD LUCK!
Are you interested in learning more about Analytics in Workforce Management? Take a look at our People Analytics and Digital HR program, in collaboration with IIM Indore. This is a 3-month long program with instructor-led sessions by IIM-I faculty.